Author : HASSAN MD TAREQ | Updated : 2020/06/18
What is FIDO?
- Fast Identity Online (Fast ID Online)
- a set of technology-agnostic security specifications for strong authentication
- a set of open technical specifications for mechanisms of authenticating users to online services that do not depend on passwords
- seeks to standardize authentication at the client and protocol layers
- developed by the FIDO Alliance (a non-profit organization)
- FIDO authentication seeks to use the native security capabilities of the user device to enable strong user authentication and reduce the reliance on passwords