What is SharePoint Framework
- SharePoint Framework (SPFx) is a client-side development model that allows us to create modern SharePoint experiences using modern web parts and UI extensions
- SPFx is available for SharePoint Online, 2019 and 2016
- SPFx is a page and web part model that provides full support for client-side SharePoint development, easy integration with SharePoint data, and support for open source tooling
- SharePoint Framework is the next evolution in SharePoint development
- SharePoint Framework is a new developer model accompanying the new SharePoint UX
Key features of the SharePoint Framework include the following:
- The controls are rendered in the normal page DOM.
- The controls are responsive and accessible by nature.
- It enables the developer to access the lifecycle in addition to render, load, serialize and deserialize, configuration changes, and more.
- The toolchain is based on common open source client development tools such as npm, TypeScript, Yeoman, webpack, and gulp.
- Performance is reliable.
- End users can use SPFx client-side solutions that are approved by the tenant administrators (or their delegates) on all sites, including self-service team, group, or personal sites.
- SPFx web parts can be added to both classic and modern pages.