Author : MD TAREQ HASSAN | Updated : 2020/08/01
What is DevOps?
“The union of people, process and products to enable continuous delivery of value to our end users”
- Donovan Brown
- DevOps is a set of cultural practices related software development
- It emphasizes collaboration between all parts of the IT organization and the continuous delivery of software
- DevOps brings together people, processes, and technology, automating software delivery to provide continuous value to your users
- DevOps automates and speeds software delivery. It makes your process and your products more reliable
- DevOps combines tasks between application and system operations teams
In layman’s term
DevOps is a practice, a methodology, and a culture centered on empowering IT teams to deliver and support software services that are more robust, more quickly. Through new DevOps tools and the heavy use of automation, a DevOps organization operates just like an Agile one by bringing cross-functional teams together to provide value faster than before.