Author : MD TAREQ HASSAN | Updated : 2020/10/26
What is css?
- CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheet
- CSS is a language for specifying how documents (i.e. web pages) are presented to users
- CSS is used for describing the presentation of a HTML page
- While HTML is used to structure a page, CSS comes controls page styling - layouts, colors, and fonts etc.
- Simplify the process of making web pages presentable
- HTML deals with skeleton while CSS handles the look and feel part of a web page
- It provides powerful control over the presentation of HTML document
- The separation of HTML from CSS makes it easier to maintain sites, share style sheets across pages, and tailor pages to different environments
CSS is created and maintained through a group of people within the W3C called the CSS Working Group
- The CSS Working Group creates documents called specifications
- When a specification has been discussed and officially ratified by the W3C members, it becomes a recommendation
- Implementation of a recommendation depends on developers of browser