Author : HASSAN MD TAREQ | Updated : 2021/03/25
What is Azure Kubernetes Service?
- Also known as AKS (AKS => Azure Kubernetes Service)
- AKS is fully managed Kubernetes service in Azure
- AKS is serverless, hosted Kubernetes service in Azure
- AKS simplifies deploying a managed Kubernetes cluster in Azure by offloading the operational overhead to Azure
- AKS is free, you only pay for the agent nodes within your clusters, not for the masters
- In AKS, Kubernetes masters are managed by Azure (you only manage and maintain the agent nodes)
Why to use?
- Fully managed Kubernetes cluster in cloud
- Elastic provisioning of capacity without the need to manage the infrastructure
- Ability to add event-driven autoscaling and triggers
- Faster end-to-end development experience through Kubernetes tools, Azure DevOps, Azure Monitor etc.
- Most comprehensive authentication and authorization capabilities using Azure Active Directory
- Accelerate containerized application development
- Increased operational efficiency
- Build on an enterprise-grade, more secure foundation
- Run any workload in the cloud, at the edge, or as a hybrid