Author : HASSAN MD TAREQ | Updated : 2020/10/02
What is software as a service?
- Commonly referred to as simply “SaaS”
- SaaS is a type of cloud computing where vendor provides applications and makes them available to customers over the Internet
- SaaS allows users to connect to and use cloud-based apps over the Internet (email, calendar, Microsoft Office 365 etc.).
- SaaS provides a complete software solution for your organization, and your users connect to it over the Internet (usually with a web browser)
- In SaaS, the underlying infrastructure, middleware, app software, and app data are located in the vendor/service provider’s data center
SaaS in Azure:
- OneDrive for Business
- Microsoft Teams
- Power Platform (i.e. Power Apps, Power Automate)
- Sophisticated business applications - customer relationship management (CRM), enterprise resource planning (ERP), and document management
- Mobilize your wrokforce easily - Microsoft Teams, Outlook etc.
- Access app data from anywhere
Benefits of SaaS
- No hardware to buy or install
- No software to buy or install
- No software to maintain or upgrade
- You only pay for what you use
- New features are included
- Most everyone can afford and use applications that used to be only for large corporations