What is tenant?
- Tenant ~ Azure AD Directory
- A tenant represents an organization in Azure Active Directory
- It’s a dedicated Azure AD service instance that an organization receives and owns when it signs up for a Microsoft cloud service such as Azure, Microsoft Intune, or Microsoft 365
- An Azure tenant represents a single organization
- Single tenant: Azure tenants that access other services in a dedicated environment are considered single tenant
- Multi-tenant: Azure tenants that access other services in a shared environment, across multiple organizations, are considered multi-tenant
See: Create a new tenant in Azure Active Directory