Author : HASSAN MD TAREQ
- plan or coordinate to produce a desired effect
- to plan and organize a complicated event or course of action so that it achieves the result you want
Container orchestration solves the problem of deploying multiple containers either by themselves or as a part of an application across many hosts.
What is Kubernetes?
- Kubernetes is an open-source platform designed to automate the deployment, scaling, and operation of containers
- open-source platform for managing containerized workloads and services
- container-orchestration system
- used for
- deploying and managing containers at scale
- automating application deployment, scaling and management
- Kubernetes is called ‘K8S’
- Kubernetes started at Google
Simply put, using Kubernetes in your infrastructure gives you a platform to schedule and run containers on clusters of your machines, whether it’s on bare metal, virtual machines, in a private data center, or in the cloud.
The real goal of the platform is to foster an ecosystem of components and tools that relieve the burden of running applications in public and private clouds.
“Kubernetes is an open source project that enables software teams of all sizes, from a small startup to a Fortune 100 company, to automate deploying, scaling, and managing applications, on a group, or cluster of server machines. These applications can include everything from internal-facing web apps, like content managing systems to marquee web properties like Gmail, to big data processing” - Joe Beda
Azure Kubernetes Service
- AKS - Azure Kubernetes Service
- Container management system in Azure
- Scale out container-based applications
- Monitoring and deploying containers
- Pods are groups of containers
- Nodes are virtual machines
- Can leverage VM Scale Sets
- Azure Container Registry
- Azure Monitor