Author : HASSAN MD TAREQ | Updated : 2023/02/12
You are here that means you want to setup a local development environment (either in PC/laptop or in a cloud virtual machine).
I wrote a PowerShell script that will automate the development environment setup process. You can download the script to see
(if you are concerned about the security since you need to run the script as admin in Windows PowerShell terminal).
To download the script, simply put “
.ps1” at the end of the url.
- Chocolatey (package manager for windows)
- PowerShell Core
- MinGW (C compiler)
- Firefox browser
- Visual Studio Code (VSCode)
- Few extensions for VSCode
- etc. (might be added later after writing this page)
Automating Environment Setup Using PowerShell Script
- Open Windows PowerShell as administrator (screenshots are given below about how to open PowerShell as administrator)
- Execute the follwoing command below (copy, and then paste into Windows PowerShell, now press enter to execute)
Set-ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Scope Process -Force; ` Invoke-Expression ((New-Object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadString('https://hovermind.com/des-vscode-mingw-js'))
Open Windows PowerShell as Administrator
Note: If after right clicking on Windows PowerShell, “Run as Adminitrator” does not show,
then open it normally (just left click),
then copy ‘
start-process PowerShell -verb runas’, then paste (Ctrl + V), then enter, and then select yes (a new PowerShell window will open as Administrator).
Copy the Command
Execute the Command
- Open firefox browser (check firefox is installed or not, install it if not installed yet)
- Press “
Ctrl + Shift + I”
- Now press “
Ctl + B”
Ctrl + O” to open
Ctrl + S” to save