Author : MD TAREQ HASSAN | Updated : 2021/03/18
Best practices for developes
- Best practices are about
- follwoing conventions i.e. naming conventions when coding
- follwoing guidelines i.e. security guidelines
- doing things when starting a project i.e. setup loging
- doing things timely i.e. writing documention when create a new class, adding method
- The topic “Best Practices” is all about follwoing guidelines, conventions etc. as much as possible.
- Some best practices are optional, some are crutial i.e. security best practices
Why to follow conventions?
- We read code more than we write code, following conventions make the code clean to read and understand
- Shared mindset: talking/discussing to other developers
- Increase quality of code
- Plays nice with static analysis tools
During development, we ming need to perform a task that has dependency. While fulfilling that dependency, you might find that it has nested dependency that should be resolved first. This topic also addresses pre-requisites with dependences in sequence.
DOs and DON’Ts
- to avoid potential bug
- to improve performance
- to have extensibility feature
- Keep things pending i.e. will write documentation later
- Creating mess just to make it work for now
- Avoiding loose coupling in favor of easy task