What is App Service Plan?
- App service plan is the container that defines a set of compute resources for your APP service is to use
- App service plan is the hosting configuaration/model by which the cost of resources (used by applications) will be calculated and billed
- Determines what features will be available and how you will be billed
- In App Service, the pricing container for apps is called the App Service plan
What does App Service Plan do?
- Azure region: determines in which region the underlaying VMs will be provisioned
- Number of VM instances (scale-out, scale-in)
- Size of VM instances (CPU/RAM/Storage)
- Pricing Tier: determines which features are available
Creating app service plan using Azure portal
Upgrading app service plan using Azure portal
Creating App service plan using PowerShell
# Create resource group
New-AzResourceGroup -Name "demo-rg" -Location "Japan East"
# Create app service plan
New-AzAppServicePlan -ResourceGroupName "demo-rg" -Name "demo-asp" -Location "Japan East" -Tier "Standard"
Upgrading App service plan using PowerShell
# Upgrade app service plan
# Basic -> Standard
Set-AzAppServicePlan -Name "demo-asp" -ResourceGroupName 'demo-rg' -Tier Standard